There are many reasons why you should nominate your company for awards. The fact that you will get good PR out of it and improve public trust in your company are just a few of the reasons. If you want to nominate your company, you should use the following tips.
Tips For nomination
- Choose Right Award: Make sure that you are entering an award that you actually qualify for. For instance, if you are in the tech business, you should not waste time entering for an award that needs people in the media unless you see a clause where you can justify your nomination.
- Check Submission Rules: One of the mistakes that people make is to read through the award details in a hurry without understanding the rules and deadlines.
- Champion For Support : There are awards that may need you to get people to vote, or use social media to share some details. You should be ready for such a campaign if it is a requirement. Start championing early.
- Make Sure You Qualify: It can be frustrating for you to fill through a series of paperwork only to realise that you have not qualified. It can be something in your industry, but there is a requirement that you are missing out. For instance, they may want people in your industry, but only startup companies.
- Start Locally: If you are looking at winning the trust of your target audience, you should start by entering local awards that they can relate with. You can then build it up and go national or international after you have shown that you matter even locally.
- Give updates: Right from when you are entering an award, you should keep some of your employees updated as good practice. You should also give them regular updates on the progress, including when you win or lose.